Mueller Just Inadvertently Ruined Democrats’ Entire Plan to Take Down Trump

WATCH: President Trump will let Barr determine if Mueller testifies

Special Counsel Robert Mueller just put the nail in the coffin for Jerry Nadler’s plan to get rid of President Trump. The irony is delicious.

Nadler said that revealed he is not willing to testify about his Russia Report.

From ILMF:

This is a major blow for Nadler and Democrats, who want to use Mueller testifying publicly as a political stunt to smear and attack the president.

Nadler, visibly upset, told host Rachel Maddow that he doesn’t know why Mueller wants to testify privately as opposed to publicly.

“He is willing to make an opening statement but he wants to testify in private,” Nadler said. “We’re saying we think it’s important for the American people to hear from him and to hear his answers to questions about the report.”

Nadler said Mueller’s testimony in private would come with a transcript, but complained that the public would not be able to actually “hear” from the special counsel.

Nadler and Democrats have been practically begging Mueller to publicly testify about his investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

But Mueller is hesitant to appear publicly out of concerns it would seem political — which is a huge blow to Democrats.

“He envisions himself, correctly, as a man of great rectitude and apolitical and he doesn’t want to participate in anything that he might regard as a political spectacle,” Nadler said.

“Especially if Republicans on the committee start asking him questions about this stuff, about the beginning of the investigation,” he added.

About 92% of the Mueller report has already been made public, and Mueller doesn’t want to testify solely for the purpose of helping Democrats continue their witch hunt. The only reason the other 8% isn’t available is that it is for the grand jury only, and releasing it would be a crime. We know Democrats have no problem committing crimes or the rule of law, but that’s not how the rest of us fly.