Violent Antifa Members Turn Portland Courthouse Into Mayhem — Create A Fortress Following Riot Spike

The DHS put up barricades around the Mark O’Hatfield Courthouse in Portland, Oregon, according to Fox News.

The barricades were installed last June when riots broke out in the tantrums against police following the death of George Floyd.

The fence has since been seen as a symbol of division.

Police said they are willing to remove the fencing to show “willingness to have dialog and peaceful communication toward starting to heal our community.”

“We are open and listening to discussions of how the community envisions its police serve them in the future,” the PD said. “Our hope is that the nightly violence and destruction around the justice center will stop and the focus can be directed toward peaceful conversation.”

The decision to remove the fencing was made in collaboration with “local leaders from Portland as part of a broader effort to help the city return to normalcy.”

One day after the fencing was actually removed rioters set fires and smashed windows.

On Thursday a crow gathered in protest of expanding an oil pipeline that runs between Lake Superior, Wisconsin, and the Canadian province of Alberta

Some protesters were also gathered because of the Derek Chauvin trial.

— Advertisement —

Officers used tear gas, flash-bang grenades, and smoke bombs after protesters began throwing objects at the courthouse.

Protesters lit a fire and broke glass near the entrance.

Police detained at least 100 people

From Fox News:

Individuals being detained were identified and photographed as part of the investigation before being released. Some refused to comply and locked arms together in an effort to interfere with the investigation. Officers escorted them away and they were arrested, including one who was charged in the earlier window vandalism.

Officers discovered numerous items left behind by people inside the perimeter, including a crowbar, hammers, bear spray, slugging weapon with rocks, high impact slingshot, and knives

As the event unfolded, groups formed on the outside and physically challenged officers. Some threw rocks and full cans of beer at officers. Officers deployed some OC (pepper) spray and one impact munition.

Thirteen people are facing charges from the protest, including disorderly conduct, unlawful possession of a firearm, resisting arrest and interfering with police, among other offenses.

Following Friday’s violence, the Department of Homeland Security told FOX 12 its Federal Protection Services unit would “continue to fulfill its mandate of ensuring the safety and security of federal employees and facilities, while maintaining our commitment to working with the City of Portland and the community as part of a collective effort to restore the downtown area.”